TOLEDO, Ohio — The war on drugs isn't just on the streets, it's also in our medicine cabinets.
That's the message for Drug Take Back Day.
The Toledo Police Department and Mental Health & Recovery Services Board of Lucas County are sponsoring the Drug Take Back Day at six locations across Toledo.
A variety of expired or unused medication will be accepted at the locations and disposed of safely in an environmentally friendly way.
All collection sites will accept narcotics, over-the-counter medications, pet medications, prescription drugs and vitamins.
Some sites will accept syringes and liquid medications. You're encouraged to call ahead.
Collection sites will not accept inhalers, ointments/lotions or anything from commercial or medical vendors.
Drug Take Back Day will take place Saturday, April 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The following Toledo locations are serving as collection sites:
- Scott Park District Police Station (2301 Nebraska Ave.)
- NW District Police Station (2330 W. Sylvania Ave.)
- Toledo-Lucas County Health Department (625 N. Erie St.)
- Meijer - Alexis Road (1500 E. Alexis)
- Toledo Family Pharmacy (324 Main St.)
- Kroger - Suder Avenue (4633 Suder Ave.)