TOLEDO, Ohio — If you're crunched for time and running low on energy, Amanda Fay has the perfect, protein-packed solution made with six simple ingredients. These no-bake bites are little balls of energy, powered by superfood.
Amanda's protein balls
Recipe for around 15 per batch
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup honey
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a spoon or spatula until combined.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator to set for half an hour.
- Once chilled, remove from the fridge and use a cookie scoop to form the mixture into balls and roll with your hands.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for 7-10 days.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will last about 10-14 days in the fridge.
Freezing Instructions: After rolling the bites, freeze them on a baking sheet until solid. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag. When you're ready to thaw them, just leave them in the fridge overnight.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as it is. However, you ca around with the ingredients and customize to your liking.