PERRYSBURG, Ohio — Perrysburg city officials announced Monday a modified summer recreation program for 2020.
Due to the many challenges related to running a summer camp during the coronavirus public health emergency, leaders said, the following modifications will be in effect:
- Employees with the city of Perrysburg are creating a separate Facebook page dedicated to summer recreation communications which is set to launch on June 15. That page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/PerrysburgSummerRec once it is up and running.
- A variety of programs that historically have been free will be offered for everyone in a virtual capacity, utilizing Facebook and Twitter.
- City leaders will be utilizing a third party platform that is specifically for Perrysburg residents that will offer virtual programming. These programs historically have been associated with a cost, but will be free for Perrysburg residents.
- The program will be offering virtual craft programs for city residents only. Supplies for these programs will be free and available for pick-up at the summer recreation building. Representatives said details will be provided at a later time.
- Activities that can be completed in public spaces (i.e. scavenger hunts, nature experience, etc.) will be available without the need for recreation staff.
- The launch date for virtual programming will begin on June 15.
For more information about this year’s program, follow the Perrysburg Summer Recreation Facebook page here once it is active on June 15.