TOLEDO, Ohio — Toledo police thanked one more local business for a donation during the pandemic on its social media pages early Saturday morning.
The police department thanked Furniture Palace for 25 gallons of hand sanitizer.
This comes after many local businesses stepped up to honor the department during the coronavirus pandemic.
On Friday, the corporation thanked the Asset Protection Team at a local target for donating coloring books and crayons for juvenile victims of crime as well as PPE for the officers.
But throughout the past few weeks, many other businesses have honored Toledo police for their service during this tough time by donating face masks, hand sanitizer, food and more.
Facts not fear: Putting COVID-19 into context
WTOL 11’s coverage of the coronavirus is rooted in Facts, not Fear. Visit /coronavirus-covid-19 for comprehensive coverage, find out what you need to know about northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan specifically, learn more about the symptoms and keep tabs on the cases around the world here. Have a question? Text it to us at 419-248-1100.
Protect yourself from coronavirus
- Cover: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Dispose: Throw used tissues in a lined can.
- Wash hands: Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Hand sanitizer: If soap and water are not readily available, use and alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching: Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.