TOLEDO, Ohio — For those of you, first responders and essential workers on the front lines, a Toledo auto care shop wants to say thank you.
ATL Total Car Care is offering free oil changes and vehicle safety inspections.
The owner says he's hoping this eases some of the stress by helping people currently battling the coronavirus.
"Well, we see all the things that are going on out here right now and we wanted to try and help as much as we can. So, I came up with an idea of let's give out some free oil changes and inspections to some of the first responders, the nurses, the doctors. I mean, everyone who's out there taking care of us. I'm trying to give something back so we can take care of them to," Robert Hoye said.
If you are interested, you should call ahead and make an appointment so that they are able to abide by the health code and ensure social distancing.
You also have to show some form of ID for proof of your job.
For now, the shop is only doing oil changes and vehicle safety inspection, but Hoye says they welcome any other shops that would like to offer their time, extra oil or filters.
They are hoping that this ease some of the stress by helping people while also bringing business in for other car needs.
The phone number to make an appointment is 567 343 7600.
Facts not fear: Putting COVID-19 into context
WTOL 11’s coverage of the coronavirus is rooted in Facts, not Fear. Visit /coronavirus-covid-19 for comprehensive coverage, find out what you need to know about northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan specifically, learn more about the symptoms and keep tabs on the cases around the world here. Have a question? Text it to us at 419-248-1100.
Protect yourself from coronavirus
- Cover: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Dispose: Throw used tissues in a lined can.
- Wash hands: Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Hand sanitizer: If soap and water are not readily available, use and alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching: Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.