TOLEDO, Ohio — Check out this recipe for a Tuscan kale salad as shown by chef Jacquelyn Jones of Solfood Collective. The recipe makes four servings.
- 2 bunches Tuscan kale (stems removed, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained)
- 2 avocados (diced)
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- Sea salt and black pepper (to flavor)
1. Rinse kale and remove stems. Roughly chop.
2. Add kale to bowl, drizzle with two tablespoons of avocado oil, and massage until soft and pliable, about one minute.
3. Add two cloves of garlic and mix.
4. Top with one can of garbanzo beans, two avocadoes, and juice from two lemons. Salt and pepper to your liking. Enjoy!
- Jazz it up: Add more veggies like radish, asparagus, peas, cucumbers, and bell peppers!
MORE FROM YOUR COMMUNITY
Subscribe to WTOL 11 - https://bit.ly/32odAkM
Connect with us on social media:
Go 419 Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Go419/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/wtol11/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/WTOL11Toledo/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/wtol11toledo/
WTOL 11 newsletter - /email
WTOL 11 Weather app - https://bit.ly/37i4205
Want more from WTOL 11?
➡️ Download the WTOL 11 news app for Apple here or get it in the Google store here.
➡️ Get a fresh start to your morning and wrap up your day with the latest news and your WTOL 11 Weather forecast delivered right to your inbox!
WTOL 11's Your Morning Blast and Your Evening Blast deliver stories from northwest Ohio, southeast Michigan and beyond to keep you informed.
Click here to get on the list!