TOLEDO (WTOL) - A south Toledo home went up in flames just before 9 a.m. The fire began in the kitchen of the home located at Roff and Curtis.
When crews got there, the house was completely in flames.
News 11 has learned there were two women inside the house when the fire started, but they got out unharmed.
The women there tying up loose ends for their grandparents who just moved from the home four days ago because the roof had been caving in.
Their grandson came to see the damage. He said he's glad his grandmother wasn't inside, because, otherwise, they would have lost her. "Bed-ridden, my grandma is. She can't get up. She's got arthritis real bad, and her hips are deteriorated," said Gregory Adams.
Everyone is safe, but the home is a total loss.
The fire captain on the scene tells us they had a few problems fighting the fire initially because the pipes on one of their engines had frozen and they had to rely on the pressure from the fire hydrant.