CLEVELAND — Earlier this week, construction began on the main stage for the 2021 NFL Draft in Cleveland.
RELATED: More NFL Draft coverage from WKYC
As you can see in the drone footage captured in the video player above, the structure is beginning to take shape.
Last month, the NFL officially announced its plans to host its draft in downtown Cleveland after holding last year's draft -- which was originally scheduled to take place in Las Vegas -- virtually due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The three-day event will take place at three historic Downtown Cleveland locations: FirstEnergy Stadium, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Great Lakes Science Center, with the main stage being located in the North Coast Harbor just outside of FirstEnergy Stadium against the backdrop of Lake Erie.
Additionally, those looking to take part in the NFL Draft Experience should sign up to do so as quickly as possible. As of Friday, required reservations on the NFL OnePass app are running low and will likely soon be filled.
The NFL Draft Experience is a free interactive football theme park celebrating the event. Fans who make reservations will be allowed access inside of First Energy Stadium to kick a field goal, enjoy food and beverage in designated areas and other activities, including:
- 40-Yard Dash presented by Castrol
- Bud Light Legends Bar
- NFL Draft Set presented by Rocket Mortgage
- Pepsi NFL Helmet Photo Opportunity
- NFL Draft Photo Frames presented by Panini
- Additional Panini booth where fans can get their own digital trading cards and official NFL trading cards
- Oakley’s interactive O-Lab for fans to test products and vision technologies
- Gatorade activation where fans can pick up complimentary bottles of BOLT24
The NFL Draft will take place April 29-May 1.