The 2020 MLB season might not look like what we are used to.
But it's baseball nonetheless.
On Friday, the Cleveland Indians will host the Kansas City Royals at Progressive Field to kickoff a 2020 campaign that's both been delayed and shortened by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. And given the unique nature of the season, there are even more questions than usual regarding the Indians, who are looking to bounce back from a 2019 campaign that saw them on the outside looking in at the MLB Playoffs.
In order to preview the offseason that was and what's still ahead, 3News sports anchor Nick Camino and WKYC.com's Tyler Carey joined Ben Axelrod for a discussion regarding the 2020 Tribe. Topics covered throughout the conversation, which can be viewed in the video player above or the YouTube player below, include:
- What it's been like not having baseball for the past four months.
- A breakdown of the Indians' lineup.
- Which players could be key to sustained success for Cleveland in 2020.
- A look at the Indians' pitching staff, which could be one of baseball's best.
- How will the Indians navigate the unique circumstances of the new season?