CLEVELAND — As COVID-19 concerns continue, officials with the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards held the 2021 ceremony virtually Thursday night -- and the entire event aired on WKYC Channel 3 and WKYC.com
"This year’s show will not only feature the traditional celebration of athletic achievements, but also themes of humanity, courage and community focus throughout the show," organizers said.
The hour-long televised special included award finalists, videos and guest appearances from current and former national sports celebrities. You can watch the entire ceremony again in the player below:
The Sports Awards event is an annual fundraiser that supports the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission. Tickets are available here, allowing pre-show access at 6 p.m. A silent auction and 50/50 raffle will also be held.
- Male High School Athlete of the Year: Tyler Hong, St. Ignatius, swimming
- Female High School Athlete of the Year: Paige Floriea, Mentor, track and field
- Male Collegiate Athlete of the Year: Mike Rose, Iowa State (Brecksville-Broadview Heights grad), football
- Female Collegiate Athlete of the Year: Naz Hillmon, Michigan (Gilmour grad), basketball
- Professional Athlete of the Year: Shane Bieber, Cleveland Indians
- Humanitarian of the Year: Kevin Love, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Cleveland Clinic Sports Medicine Courage Award: Camryn Colahan, Vermilion High School, volleyball and basketball
- 2020 Best Moment in Cleveland Sports: The Cleveland Browns' Wild Card playoff win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
Officials also noted the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission is responsible for attracting more than 215 sporting events, which provided more than $843 million in economic activity to Northeast Ohio.
COVERAGE OF THE 2020 SPORTS AWARDS: