TOLEDO, Ohio — A 2-year-old child is recovering after ingesting a suspected opiate at an apartment on Monday.
Toledo police responded just before 5 p.m. Monday to an apartment at the 2200 block of Stirrup Lane in west Toledo.
According to a police report, the 24-year-old mother told officers her toddler swallowed an unidentified drug belonging to her or her friends that were visiting the apartment.
The report said the 2-year-old subsequently was acting strangely and then lost consciousness. It was believed the child ingested an opiate and overdosed. First responders gave the toddler nalaxone to reverse the opiate effects and administered CPR.
The child then regained consciousness and vomited, the report said, and was taken to a hospital. Police said that the toddler is expected to survive.
An investigation is underway and no charges have been filed in the incident. If you have information about the incident, you are urged to call Crime Stopper at Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Stopper program at 419-255-1111.