STARK COUNTY, Ohio — A Stark County doctor has been arrested and faces charges of attempted murder.
Following an investigation by the Jackson Township Police Department and Stark County Prosecutor’s Office, Dr. Yousif Alhallaq is accused of attempting to cause the death of his wife’s unborn child.
The condition of his wife and the child are unknown.
Deputies from the United States Marshals Service arrested Dr. Alhallaq on Friday at his office on Dressler Road in Jackson Township. He was transported to the Stark County Jail and charged with Attempted Murder and two counts of Felonious Assault.
Jackson Township police officials say the incident is part of an ongoing investigation and no further information will be released at this time.
On Friday evening, 3News received the following statement from Cleveland Clinic Akron General:
“The physician arrested today by Jackson Township police is not employed by our organization. His privileges at Mercy Hospital are being suspended.”
- Parma sports bar to increase security after shooting death of two people
- 3 more Cleveland police officers suspended following excessive force investigation
- Four Northeast Ohio bars cited for breaking COVID-19 protocols on St. Patrick's Day
- University of Akron hosts online vigil against anti-Asian violence
- North Carolina deputies seize firearm altered to look like Nerf gun
- Barberton man accused of downloading child pornography, sexual activity with two minors in custody
- Man dies in Akron shooting, nearby house struck: Suspects unknown
- Lorain County man arrested and charged with taking part in Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol
Editor's Note: The below video aired on March 17, 2021