MANSFIELD, Ohio — A 16-year-old girl is dead after being shot inside a Mansfield home Wednesday morning.
Authorities say they received a 911 call from a female at the 100 block of Stewart Avenue saying to "please send police," although at this time it is unknown who dialed the phone. Once officers arrived at the address, they heard a gunshot from inside, and a short time later two females came out onto the front porch. One of them had been shot in her "upper body area."
The victim was eventually transported via ambulance to a local hospital, where she died from her injuries. Detectives have since spoke to "several individuals" connected to the incident and even found a handgun inside the house. However, no arrests have been made at this time.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to immediately call Mansfield police Det. Richard Clapp at (419) 755-9470.
- Cuyahoga Falls woman sentenced to 18 months after pleading guilty in child endangerment case
- 3 men, including 2 from Northeast Ohio, sentenced in drug case involving U.S. mail
- Custom wheelchair taken from Independence family
- Akron man sentenced to life in prison for 2020 murder
- 9-year-old boy dies in alleged hit-and-run in Cleveland
- 16-year-old boy accused of shooting, killing man in Warrensville Heights