The Toledo Lucas is officially opening its doors this upcoming September after being closed for renovations since last year.
The new building will give Lucas County residents a welcoming environment that will provide books, movies, improved circulation of materials and community engagement opportunities.
“Your favorite features of Main Library are still here: the Vitrolite murals, Art Decor detailing and an amazing collection of books. What we can’t wait for you to see with the renovation are new collaborative and gathering spaces, comfortable reading areas,and improved technology tools for the way you work and play now," Main Library Manager, Meg Delaney, said,
The key features will include:
- Meeting areas that are available beyond the Library’s typical open hours
- A Work Space geared toward entrepreneurial growth
- A Studio Lab with maker technology and audio/video production spaces
- A re-imagined Café and Gift Shop
- Gallery featuring local artists and traveling exhibits
- Refreshed Children’s Library with improved reading, learning and imaginative play spaces.
Additionally, Sarnies Cafe will be one of the Main Library's vendors and will offer customers made-to-order breakfast and pret a manger lunch style. Menu choices will include pre-made sandwiches, salads and soups.
The restaurant is located in the Hylant Building across the street from the library and will be open seven days a week during library hours.
“Sarnies is dedicated to offering you a quality food experience. We use the highest quality local produce, Boar’s Head meats and cheeses and the freshest bread. We are locally owned and a far cry from the cookie cutter fast food spots down the street. We respect and care for our customers and know you are the reason we are in business,” Gareth Jones, Sarnies Owner said.