TOLEDO, Ohio — Officials from the Toledo Mud Hens organization have apologized after a pet dog died during their fireworks display Friday night.
Friday's event called "Paws and Pints" was billed as dog friendly. A description of the event did mention that fireworks would be featured.
A post from the Mud Hens on Facebook stated:
"We are in agreement with the community that in the future, no dog-friendly events will be held in conjunction with fireworks." - Toledo Mud Hens
The post went on to say that the organization will be making a memorial contribution to an animal charity of the family's choice.
This story is developing.