TOLEDO, Ohio — The Queen of Motown, Diana Ross, is making her way to the Glass City.
The sold-out ProMedica concert is expected to bring a crowd of over 8,000 people with even more outside the perimeter on places like sidewalks and boats. With this many people in the location, the Toledo Police Department said that concert-goers can expect a robust number of police and security in the area.
"When a large event comes to downtown — and that's becoming more and more frequent — it means more work for us. But, that's a good thing because it means good things are happening for the city, so we're excited about it. We look forward to these large events, we look forward to planning our security for these large events," Lieutenant Colonel Kevin Braun said.
Summit Street will be closed down completely for the event and safety precautions are already in place from both ProMedica and Toledo police.
Here are some things to keep in mind while getting ready for the show:
- Lawn chairs and blankets are permitted for general admission tickets. Seats will be provided for VIP ticketholders, so no outside seating is permitted in the VIP section.
- We reserve the right to inspect all jackets and bags upon entry. Purses, diaper bags and other small personal bags are allowed, but may be inspected at all gate entrances. Please do not bring a purse larger than 6.5″ x 4.5″ x 6″. No large bags or boxes are allowed in the park without prior authorization.
The following items are NOT permitted inside Promenade Park during the concert:
- Weapons of any kind
- Food or beverage
- Cans, bottles, coolers or other similar containers
- Video cameras, audio recorders or other similar electronic devices
- Cameras (not including cell phones)
- Laser pens or laser products
- Air horns or noise makers
- Glow Sticks
- Beach balls
- Aerosol spray cans
- Tools (box cutters, Leatherman or any multi-tool, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Pets (except service animals)
- No umbrellas permitted due to blocking other people views
- Any other items deemed unacceptable by management