CUYAHOGA COUNTY, Ohio — As the November election draws closer, the Cuyahoga Board of Elections is taking proactive measures to ensure that every vote is counted securely and accurately.
On Monday the Board of Elections unanimously voted to implement their temporary Vote-By-Mail ballot collection Plan. The plan will allow voters to drop off their vote-by-mail ballots and applications at six libraries across the county without making the trek to the Board's building in downtown Cleveland.
The goal of the plan is to ease the anticipated traffic congestion of thousands of voters visiting the Board of Election's office to vote early in person and dropping off ballots.
"The behavior of voters has drastically changed due to health concerns surrounding the current pandemic," said Anthony Perlatti, Director of the Board of Elections. "The number of ballot requests have already exceeded the total number of ballots cast by mail during the last Presidential General Election. That tells us that people don't want to travel, and people are avoiding crowded places," explains Perlatti in a press release.
The collection sites will be available to voters beginning October 13. The Board of Elections will staff the locations Tuesday's, Thursday's and Saturday's from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Check out a full list of collection site locations below:
Cuyahoga County Libraries:
- Fairview Park Branch – 21255 Lorain Road
- North Royalton Branch – 5071 Wallings Road
- S. Euclid-Lyndhurst Branch – 1876 S. Green Road
Cleveland Public Libraries:
- South Brooklyn Branch – 4303 Pearl Road
- Harvard-Lee Branch – 16918 Harvard Avenue
- Glenville Branch – 11900 St. Clair Avenue
In addition to the locations listed above, the Board will also be collecting ballots in the parking lot of Campus International High School located at 3100 Chester Avenue.
This location will be staffed and open for VBM Ballot collection all hours the CCBOE is open for EIP Voting starting on Tuesday October 13, 2020. The hours of operation for this collection site are as follows:
- Weekdays, October 13 – October 16, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Weekdays, October 19 – October 23, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 25, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Weekdays, October 26 – October 30, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 1, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 2, 8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 3, 8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
For more information on voting here in Cuyahoga County, click here.