x
Breaking News
More () »

Curtice home a total loss after Friday morning fire

The home on the 8200 block of Jerusalem Road went up in smoke at around 11 a.m. By 12:30 p.m., fire crews were still battling open flames.

CURTICE, Ohio — Crews are working to put out a fire that broke out at a Curtice home late Friday morning.

The home on the 8200 block of Jerusalem Road went up in smoke at around 11 a.m. By 12:30 p.m., fire crews were still battling open flames.

Jerusalem Township Fire Chief Tony Parasiliti said a passerby alerted the homeowner to the fire, who then called 911. 

No one was hurt, but the house is a total loss.

The homeowner informed Parasiliti that firearms and ammunition were in the house, which crews recovered safely.

Parasiliti called it a wind-driven fire, though what sparked it is still unknown.

We will continue to keep you updated.

Editor's note: Initial reporting read that fireworks and electrical hazards were within the home. This has since been corrected.

Credit: Bailey Lustic

MORE FROM WTOL

Paid Advertisement

Before You Leave, Check This Out