CLEVELAND — One man is dead and another person was rescued from a house fire on Cleveland's west side Saturday morning, according to Cleveland Fire.
"Occupied House Fire on W.123 south of Lorain in 3rd Battalion. One victim rescued by arriving companies, transported to @metrohealthCLE by @ClevelandEMS," Cleveland Fire tweeted at 8:40 a.m. on Saturday. "Elderly male now reported deceased. No firefighter injuries. Fire now extinguished and under investigation."
According to officials, the fire began around 7:30 on West 123rd St, just south of Lorain Avenue. Firefighters say the man was older, and the person rescued is now at the hospital.
"Cause of fire determined to be Accidental/Electrical. Overloaded electrical outlets are a fire hazard. Extension cords should be for temporary use. #StaySafe," the fire department later tweeted.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for future updates.