CLEVELAND — Ahead of the first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden, which will take place at the Cleveland Clinic main campus on Sept. 29, the city of Cleveland has announced a series of road closures that will take place beginning on Tuesday and continuing into next week.
RELATED: More local coverage from WKYC
Per a release, the closures include:
- East 93rd Street between Chester Avenue and Euclid Avenue.
- Lane obstructions on Euclid Avenue from East 100th Street to East 93rd Sreet. (north curb) and East 100th Street in the southbound lanes.
- Chester Avenue between East 89th Street to East 101st Street
- Carrie Court between East 90th Street to East 93rd Street
- East 97th Street north to Logan Court
- Euclid Avenue between East 89th Street to East 105th Street
- East 90th Street between Chester Avenue and Euclid Avenue
- East 102nd Street, East 100th Street, East 96th Street and East 90th Street all north of Carnegie Avenue
Unitl Thursday at 6 p.m., Cleveland Clinic Police will handle intermittent closures during the installation phase of security fencing and barriers prior to the closure:
- Signage will be posted for eastbound travelers on Chester Ave. and Euclid Ave. that only local access will be permitted on those streets between East 55th Street and East 89th Street. The posted detour will route traffic to Carnegie Avenue.
- Chester Avenue and Euclid Avenue eastbound will be closed at East 89th Street where traffic must travel either north or south on East 89th Street
- Traffic southbound on East 90th Street from Hough Avenue will be local access only and the road will be closed approximately 100 feet north of Chester Avenue
- Traffic southbound on East 93rd Street from Hough Avenue will be local access only and the road will be closed approximately 100 feet north of Chester Avenue
- Traffic southbound on East 97th Street from Lamont will be local access only and the road will be closed after the intersection of Logan Court prior to reaching Chester Avenue
- Traffic westbound on Chester Avenue will encounter a local access only closure at East105 and Chester Avenue
- Local access traffic westbound on Chester Avenue from East 105th Street must travel either north or south on East 101st Street. Southbound traffic on East 101st Street is local access only to businesses and establishments in the area prior to reaching Euclid Avenue, where the road will be closed to all traffic.
- East 90th Street traveling northbound from Carnegie will be Clinic patient access only and will be closed approximately 100 feet south of Euclid Avenue
- Traveling northbound on East 96th Street or East 100th Street from Carnegie Avenue will be Clinic patient access only. Travel is permitted past East Mall Drive and West Mall Drive and the roads will both be closed approximately 50 feet north of West Mall Drive.
- Northbound traffic on East 102nd Street from Carnegie Avenue will be closed.
- Traveling westbound on Euclid Avenue, the road will be closed at East 105th Street
- Driveway onto the Cleveland Clinic Campus from East 105th Street located between Euclid and Carnegie will be closed
- The detour for westbound traffic from East 105th Street on both Euclid Avenue and Chester Avenue will be westbound on Carnegie Avenue