x
Breaking News
More () »

Two homes catch fire in south Toledo Wednesday morning; all residents safe

5 people were inside one of the homes at the time of the fire. Both homes are on Vinton Street just south of central Toledo.

TOLEDO, Ohio — All are safe and accounted for in a two-home fire on Vinton Street in south Toledo. The fire was started by a space heater.  

Toledo fire crews got a call to the South Toledo scene at 3:30 Wednesday morning. 

Heavy fire was in the main building when crews arrived due to a space heater and combustibles; the home was hard to move through so fire teams had to withdraw according to Batallion Chief Bob Krause.

The fire eventually spread to a second home.

One of the owners of the home states that they were relaxing in their home at the time of the fire, with 3 children inside. A neighbor knocked on their door notifying them of a fire, and to call 911, and they soon found out their home had also caught fire.

The two-home fire is still being managed by crews.

Everyone is safe and accounted for, the children are safe at a family member's house.

Chief Krause explained that the second home involved in the fire had fire alarms, but did not know if the original house had alarms.

He went on to encourage having smoke alarms in your house, also to make sure there is a four-foot perimeter or larger around a space heater.

Paid Advertisement

Before You Leave, Check This Out