TOLEDO (WTOL) - Your calendar is probably still packed with holiday parties through the new year.
Here is just one fancy hors d’oeuvre you can whip up to keep you celebrating in Super Fitness Weight Loss style!
Healthy Deviled Eggs
- Boil and shell one dozen eggs
- Cut in half
- Divide yolks in three bowls
- Cover eight boiled whites with balsamic vinegar for one hour (they’ll be black)
- Cover eight boiled whites with beet juice for one hour (they’ll be red)
- You’ll have eight regular boiled whites left
- In first bowl of yolks, mix one ripe avocado till smooth. Add a two squeezes of a fresh lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- In second bowl of yolks, mix dijon mustard and mayo until smooth. Mix in small pieces of smoked salmon.
- In third bowl, make your favorite deviled egg recipe.
- Cook a few strips of duck bacon until crisp and crumble for topping.
- Fill plain egg white cup with green avocado mixture, the black egg white cup with smoked salmon mixture and the red egg white cup with your personal mixture.
- Top avocado with pieces of duck bacon, salmon with smoked salmon caviar and top yours with lumpfish caviar.