BOWLING GREEN, Ohio — Wood County Hospital used social media Saturday morning to ask the public for cloth mask donations.
The hospital says the masks need to be done following the CDC guidelines. They say, "it you are able to donate, the masks need to be made from cotton fabric with ties or elastic ear loops and must cover the nose and mouth completely.
Anyone who wishes to make masks and donate them to the hospital is asked to call the donation line at (419) 354-8992 to arrange drop off.
You can find the CDC guidelines here.
Facts not fear: Putting COVID-19 into context
WTOL 11’s coverage of the coronavirus is rooted in Facts, not Fear. Visit /coronavirus-covid-19 for comprehensive coverage, find out what you need to know about northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan specifically, learn more about the symptoms and keep tabs on the cases around the world here. Have a question? Text it to us at 419-248-1100.
Protect yourself from coronavirus
- Cover: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Dispose: Throw used tissues in a lined can.
- Wash hands: Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Hand sanitizer: If soap and water are not readily available, use and alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching: Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.