TIFFIN, Ohio — A new website has launched to help people in Seneca County find out what's for dinner, as dining in at Ohio bars and restaurants has come to a temporary halt to fight the spread of coronavirus.
It features a full list of area restaurants that are still offering carryout service or delivery during the state's dine-in restrictions.
Whether it's for a pizza, coney dog, ice cream or even a beer growler refill, the ease of access of the website is meant to take the question of "who is still open" out of customers minds.
The hope is, the website can continue to drum up continued business for local restaurants during this crisis.
"We want to make sure that our businesses are still their local business. They're our back bone, they're a part of our community and we need to make sure that they're getting what they need to get too," Destination Seneca County marketing director Brittany Cook said.
The website is updated daily to accommodate any new services or restaurants.
Facts not fear: Putting COVID-19 into context
WTOL 11’s coverage of the coronavirus is rooted in Facts, not Fear. Visit wtol.com/section/coronavirus for comprehensive coverage, find out what you need to know about northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan specifically, learn more about the symptoms, and keep tabs on the cases around the world here. Have a question? Text it to us at 419-248-1100.
Protect yourself from coronavirus
• Cover: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Dispose: Throw used tissues in a lined can.
• Wash hands: Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
• Hand sanitizer: If soap and water are not readily available, use and alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
• Avoid touching: Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.