GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Here is the latest information on the coronavirus in Michigan, including the number of cases state offices report and other updates affecting West Michigan.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services reported a case count of 1,193 for Friday. The total case count for the state is now 573,372.
The death toll is now at 15,062 with 10 deaths reported.
The latest data on recoveries is from Friday, Feb. 5. It shows that 498,495 people have recovered from the virus. The state updates this data every Saturday. A recovery is counted as anyone who is 30 days out from the onset of their symptoms.
On Thursday, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services reported a case count of 1,284. The total case count for the state is now 572,179.
MDHHS reported 75 deaths. The death toll is now at 15,052.
State recommendations for COVID-19
People with COVID-19 have reported a wide range of symptoms, ranging from mild to severe illnesses. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus, according to the CDC. The symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
*Note: This list does not include all possible symptoms. It will be updated as the CDC and health officials learn more about the virus.
The best prevention for viruses, such as influenza, the common cold or COVID-19 is to:
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, call your health care provider. If you do not have a health care provider, call the nearest hospital.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home, and avoid contact with others.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others when in a public setting.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.