TOLEDO, Ohio — The Arts Commission and Imagination Station are launching the Build With US Challenge, an initiative inviting the community to recreate Toledo art and architecture,
From K’nex and Legos, foam core, Lincoln Logs, and everything in between, you can use your imagination to design your own versions of murals, sculptures, and functional structures by noted artists in the 419.
Submissions for the Build with Us challenge can also be created with Lego Digital Designer – free software that can be found here.
Need inspiration? You can find images and more information on the city of Toledo’s Public Art collection along with an interactive map of where the public art pieces are located here.
Here is some information on the challenge:
Everyone, regardless of age, is eligible to participate. A parent or guardian must submit all submissions from minors.
HOW TO SUBMIT
1. Build your version of a sculpture or architectural feature found in the city of
Toledo in your choice of building material, or create your own sculpture or building inspired by Toledo public art and architecture.
2. Take a photo of your creation and upload the image to Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #buildwithustoledo, and tag @theartscommission and @imaginationstationtoledo.
3. Make sure to “like” or “follow” both The Arts Commission and the Imagination Station on Facebook and Instagram to make sure we can share and see your posts.
4. If you don’t use social media, you can email the images to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and The Arts Commission will share them with our social media feeds weekly.
5. In the post include the name of the public art piece, piece of architecture or Toledo landmark you are recreating.
6, You can submit pieces until June 30.
Additional information can be found here.