TOLEDO (WTOL) - These sandwiches are perfect for a Christmas Eve celebration or for watching all the hours of football games yet to be played!
Cheesy Steak Sliders
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 white onion, sliced thin
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon sale
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 package Kroger brand Beef Shaved Steak
1 tablespoon Kroger Brand Au Jus Gravy Mix
4 tablespoons water
12 slider bakery rolls
6 slices Private Selection Provolone Cheese
Select condiments of mustard, catsup, mayonnaise, hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil; add pepper and onions and sauté for about 5 minutes until browned and softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In same skillet, heat remaining oil. When hot, add steak and spread to pan-sear. Once seared, flip steak and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. In small bowl, whisk together gravy mix and water. Pour over steak mixture and toss to coat. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
5. Open slide buns and arrange bottom halves on baking sheet. Place steak on each bun, followed by pepper/onion mixture. Top with one-half of cheese slice on each bun.
6. Bake sliders for 5 minutes, until cheese melts. Remove from oven, spread with favorite condiments and top with remaining bun halves and serve.