CLEVELAND — Looking for something to whip up for Super Bowl Sunday? Why not turn an old classic into something new? The Cleveland Central Kitchen is cooking some buffalo chicken meatloaf using all local ingredients from their Love Local Collective boxes.
The key local ingredient here is the hot sauce (duh.) It's made by local hot sauce company Killik. This recipe calls for their Delta sauce.
Here's the recipe for how to make this dish... Enjoy and have a great Super Bowl Sunday!
For the meatloaf:
- 4 pounds of ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- your favorite hot sauce (to taste)
- salt to taste
- 1 handful of cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine breadcrumbs, sour cream and eggs. Beat together with a fork. Let soak for at least 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine all the remaining ingredients and add the breadcrumb mixture.
- Mix together and form a loaf in a lightly oiled pan.
- Back for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with half of the sauce and sprinkle with blue cheese.
- Bakr for 10 more minutes to an internal temperature of 165.
For the sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup high quality mayonnaise (preferably avocado oil mayo)
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheeses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Whisk the ketchup, hot sauce, mayonnaise and honey together in a bowl
- Reserve the blue cheese to sprinkle on top of the meatloaf
To find out more about the Love Local Collective, click here.
- RELATED: Three restaurants we can't wait to try in 2021: Doug Trattner reports
- RELATED: Save our Sauce: 10 restaurants to support in AsiaTown
- RELATED: 3News launches 'Save our Sauce' campaign: How you can support local restaurants
- RELATED: Comfort Food Friday: How to make shepherd's pie with this Whole30 recipe
- RELATED: Comfort Food Friday: Harissa-spiced potato gratin
- RELATED: How to make sweet potato kale shakshouka: Comfort Food Friday recipe