TOLEDO, Ohio —
Lucky Chocolate Baked Donuts
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease donut pan with oil or cooking spray.
- Whisk the following ingredients in a bowl
- Sour cream
3. Once whisked add the following ingredients and stir until well combined:
4. Next, fill donut pan with batter and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the top is springy to the touch.
5. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack
1. Combine Powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl
NOTE: Glaze should be thin so you can easily dip the donuts to glaze them
1. Once donuts have cooled, dip donuts into the glaze, flipping them over so both sides get covered.
2. Set on a cooling rack to dry. Make sure to place a piece of waxed paper or paper towel under the cooling rack for easier clean-up from the dripping glaze.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Baked goods shaped like a ring are often eaten on New Year’s Day. They are supposed to bring a year of good luck full circle.
Additionally, cinnamon is believed by some to attract success. And, since the donuts are baked, they are less fattening than if they were fried (but, who’s counting anyway).