LUCAS COUNTY, Ohio — EDITOR'S NOTE: The attached video originally aired on May 29, 2022.
Fourth of July weekend is right around the corner, but some northwest Ohio celebrations are getting a head start on the holiday.
Feast your eyes on firework displays, grab a bite to eat and enjoy time with the family with festivities from throughout the region over the next few weeks.
Here's a list of what you can expect.
Saturday, June 25
- Eyes to the Skies Festival
- Holgate Old School Park festival from 9 a.m. until dark
- Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- 2022 Fireworks Show
- Fireworks starts at dusk
- Location has not been posted yet
Friday, July 1
- Dusk at confluence of Maumee and Auglaize rivers
- Enjoy fireworks from Pontiac Park, Kingsbury Park or fort grounds
- Activities at Kingsbury Park
- 10 p.m. at Biddle Park
- Food vendors will be serving from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday, July 2
- 10 p.m. at Downtown Toledo, Promenade Park, and International Park
- Food trucks will be along Promenade Park
- 10 p.m. at Homecoming Park
- Food trucks and children's activities
- Park opens at 5 p.m.
- 10 p.m. at Trail Marker Park
- Celebration 2022 will be Thursday, June 30 - Saturday, July 2.
Sunday, July 3
- Dusk at Maumee-Perrysburg Bridge
- Visible from both sides of Maumee River.
- 9:45 p.m. at Wood County Fairgrounds
- The Bowling Green Community Band will be performing before the display
- Festival starts at 4 p.m.
- 10 p.m. at Hancock County Fairgrounds
- Entertainment lineup will be announced soon
- Dusk at Portage River in downtown Oak Harbor
- Festivities start at 5 p.m.
Monday, July 4
- 10 p.m. Stadium Park
- Activities July 3-4
- 10 p.m. Waterworks Park/City Beach
- Red, White and Vroom celebration goes on all day
- 10 p.m. at Peace Garden Lawn
- Fireworks can be seen from downtown
- Light Up the Point
- Cedar Point’s Independence Day celebration
- 10 p.m., weather permitting
Friday, July 8
- Delta Chicken Festival
- 10:30 p.m., Delta Park
Sylvania (rescheduled from July 3)
- 10 p.m. at Centennial Terrace
- Fireworks can be viewed at Sylvania Pacesetter Park with $5 per car parking