With people across the country encouraged to practice social distancing and self quarantining due to concerns regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), entertainment is at an all time premium.
In that spirit, the social media app TikTok will launch a new series aimed at not only entertaining, but spreading positivity to the masses.
Beginning at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, TikTok #HappyAtHome: LIVE! will offer daily livestreams aimed at sharing in a bit of levity, while providing comfort, and embracing the responsibility we all have to do the right thing by staying inside and stopping the coronavirus' spread. The full schedule for the series includes the following events and descriptions:
- Motivation Monday: Inspirational talks, workouts, dance classes, and cooking tips featuring Tyra Banks, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Derek Hough, tWitch & Allison Holker, and Eitan Bernath.
- Kick Back Tuesday: Join some of TikTok's most popular creators for game night, makeup tutorials, and chat sessions with the likes of Loren Gray, Charli D'Amelio, Adam Ray, and Addison Rae.
- Show & Tell Wednesday: Hear from Dear Evan Hansen star Jordan Fisher, step into magic tricks with Zach King, keep it real with iconic actress and entrepreneur Tracee Ellis Ross, and much more from TikTok's diverse community of creators.
- EduTok Thursday: We're teaming up with the likes of Dr. Phil and Bill Nye for thoughtful conversations, advice, and life tips you don't want to miss. We will also continue to livestream Q&A sessions with the World Health Organization (WHO), which kicked off last week.
- Sound Check Friday: Wind down your week and get pumped for the weekend with intimate performances from top artists' homes to yours. Join GRAMMY award winner and host Alicia Keys, with Jason Derulo, Megan Thee Stallion, Troye Sivan, Meghan Trainor, Yungblud, Hailee Steinfeld, Lauv, Kelsea Ballerini, and DJ Khaled for a night of music, stories and major keys.
"We hope #HappyAtHome: LIVE! will not only help us embrace the importance of social distancing, but also bring some genuine comfort and connection in a very isolating moment in time," TikTok said in a statement.
In addition to the series, TikTok has donated to WHO's COVID-19 Solidarity Fund to aid global health providers, partnered with After-School All-Stars to distribute food for hard-hit families across the US, and matched donations from its employees to a range of global and local initiatives to support those in need.
Those looking to view the #HappyAtHome series can do so by tapping the 'Happy at Home' banner in TikTok's Discover page, or simply search #happyathome in the app. #HappyAtHome will take place at 8 p.m. ET on each night of the week.