All the ingredients for this taco bar can be prepped ahead of time, so they’re ready in a flash for weeknight meals! Sub beef, pork or shrimp for the chicken in the recipe or make it vegetarian using tofu or tempeh for the protein. Add a sliced jalapeno to the vegetables if you like things spicy.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Filtered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-pound Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Cilantro Lime Marinade
- 1 Private Selection™ Sweet Onions, julienne cut
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 16 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 Simple Truth Organic™ Blue Corn Taco Shells
- Shredded lettuce, salsa, shredded cheese, guacamole, chopped cilantro for serving
- Toss the chicken tender strips with the cilantro lime marinade and marinate for at least an hour or overnight in the refrigerator. The vegetables can be cut the night before and stored in sealed containers in the refrigerator until you’re ready to prepare your meal.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Arrange the chicken, peppers, onions and tomatoes on the oiled baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes, stir and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve meat and vegetables in taco shells or wraps with your preferred toppings and a side salad, rice or beans if desired.