Celebrate National Ice Cream Month and the 50th anniversary of the moon landing with the Blastoff Sundae!
On July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. He loved the granulated orange drink Tang, which was popular at the time.
This sundae is dedicated to him.
- 1 Container Orange Sherbet
- 4 small scoops Kroger’s Premium Vanilla Ice Cream
- I 8-ounce bar of high quality dark chocolate, chopped (Ghirardelli)
- 1 jar marshmallow ice cream topping
- 4 half orange slices
- 4 small cocktail flags
- In a 4 glass parfait dish, begin by placing a scoop of orange sherbet in the dish
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Top with a few pieces of chocolate and add another scoop of orange sherbet
- Top with remaining chocolate pieces
- Drizzle with marshmallow cream, top with one half orange slice and "plant the flag" in the ice cream scoop