SANDUSKY, Ohio — With Cedar Point now officially open for its 2021 season, the Sandusky amusement park has only released its operating calendar through Labor Day. It has left some wondering what that means for Cedar Point’s HalloWeekends this fall.
Will the popular Halloween season event be able to return this year? 3News asked park spokesperson Tony Clark for an update on the status of HalloWeekends and Cedar Point’s plans beyond Labor Day weekend.
“We will be able to make a decision on HalloWeekends a little bit later, but we know people want it. We want it back, too,” Clark told 3News. “So, more as we get more information.”
Now that Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced plans to drop the state's COVID-19 health orders June 2 -- including the statewide mask mandate -- Clark said Cedar Point is reviewing how this could impact their operations.
"Our team is evaluating the impact on our current protocols, next steps and timing," Clark said in an e-mail. "As always, we recommend that our guests view the latest information at cedarpoint.com prior to visiting the park."
Currently, Cedar Point is requiring reservations before you visit the park to maintain limited capacity. The park has also updated its mask guidance, which no longer requires guests to wear face coverings while on rides.
MORE CEDAR POINT HEADLINES:
- RELATED: Cedar Point resurrecting iconic piece of park history for 2021 season
- RELATED: Fast Lane returns to Cedar Point in 2021
- RELATED: Cedar Point reveals new plan that could result in ride lines closing early during 2021 season
- RELATED: Cedar Point announces return of early entry for 2021: See which rides will be available based on the season pass you have
- RELATED: Cedar Point eliminates required access passes for park's most popular roller coasters
- RELATED: Cedar Point launches ‘Pass Perks’ rewards program for season passholders: Here's how it works