SANDUSKY, Ohio — Cedar Point fans will notice multiple changes to their next visit at the park during the shortened 2020 season amid the coronavirus pandemic. In addition to limited capacity, a smoking ban and required masks, Cedar Point has announced new details surrounding the Fast Lane ticket upgrade.
“New Fast Lane wristbands will not be sold this season,” park spokesperson Tony Clark posted in a blog. “However, if you’ve already purchased in advance, or have one as part of a ticket package, you will be able to use them this year.”
Fast Lane is the premium ticket option that allows guests to pay for access to shorter wait times on multiple Cedar Point rides.
As a result of their shortened season, which features reduced hours (see more HERE), Cedar Point has also postponed all of their 150th anniversary festivities and attractions until 2021. 2020 season passes and add-ons have been extended through the 2021 season.
Cedar Point was originally slated to open this year on May 9. The Cedar Point Shores waterpark will remain closed for the 2020 season.
Here's a sneak peek at the new Snake River Expedition boat ride that will now debut in 2021:
- RELATED: Cedar Point opens reservation system for 2020 season: How to book your visit now
- RELATED: Cedar Point announces reduced hours for 2020 season: Waterpark to remain closed this year
- RELATED: Cedar Point bans smoking inside the park
- RELATED: Kings Island adds risk disclaimer on park’s reopening amid coronavirus: More changes revealed
- RELATED: Petition calls for Kings Island to cancel mask requirement when park reopens