1 cup Gnocchi (see recipe below) .5 cup Heavy Cream 2 oz Parmesan 1 tbsp Scallion 2 oz Oyster Mushrooms (can substitute other mushrooms) 3 oz Slab Bacon (diced and cooked) To taste Cracked Black Pepper To taste Sea Salt
As needed Olive Blend (can use other neutral flavor oils with a high smoke point)
1. Place a sauté pan on high heat.
2. Add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Just as the oil begins to smoke, add the gnocchi.
4. Give a quick shake to make sure it is not sticking.
5. Allow the gnocchi to caramelize on one side and flip to the other side.
6. Once golden brown, remove from the heat and empty the oil.
7. Return pan to the stove on low heat and add the cream, bacon, and mushrooms.
8. Add the parmesan to thicken and season with salt and pepper.
9. Plate up and garnish with scallions.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Gnocchi Dough Recipe: Yields about 12 cups
4 ea Potatoes (large) 3 cups All Purpose Flour ½ cup Egg Yolks ¼ cup Parmesan ½ tbsp Sea Salt ½ tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
1. Boil potatoes until fork tender throughout.
2. Run through a food mill while hot into a mixing bowl.
3. Incorporate the salt, pepper and yolks into the potatoes.
4. Fold the flour in slowly making sure not to overwork the dough.
5. Cover and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
6. Roll and cut into little pillows.
7. Make sure to finish as quickly as possible to ensure the dough does not get to soft.
8. At this point you can either freeze or blanch.
1. Add the gnocchi to a large pot of boiling water.
2. Using a slotted spoon, gently pull the gnocchi off the bottom of the pot (so they don't stick and burn).
3. Once the gnocchi floats, remove and shock in ice water.
4. Allow to dry a bit and toss in a small amount of olive oil.