Cheesy Beef Pie
1 lb. Ground Beef
1/2 C. Finely Chopped Onion
1- 8 oz. can Tomato Sauce
1/4 C. Snipped Fresh Parsley or 2 Tbsp. Dry Parsley Flakes
1- 3 oz. can Mushrooms drained or 1/2 C. Chopped Fresh Mushrooms
1/4 tsp. Oregano
Pinch of Pepper
2 Pkgs. Refrigerator Crescent Rolls
6 Slices Sharp Process American Cheese
1. In skillet brown ground beef and onions-- drain well.
2. Stir in next 5 ingredients-- set mixture aside.
3. Unroll one package of crescent rolls. Place the 4 sections of the dough together... forming a 12x6 in. rectangle. Seal edges and perforations together.
4. Roll dough to 12 in. square. Fit into 9 inch pie pan, trimming edge.
5. Separate one of the eggs; set yolk aside. Beat egg white with remaining egg. Spread half of beaten egg over dough.
6. Spoon meat into shell.
7. Arrange cheese slices atop meat mixture. Spread remaining beaten egg mixture over cheese.
8. Mix reserved egg yolk with 1 Tbsp. water. Brush lightly on edge of dough-- reserve remaining yolk/water mixture.
9. Roll other package of rolls to 12 inch square as before.
10. Place atop cheese and meat filling trim, allowing 1 inch past edge of pan. Seal and flute as for pie.
11. Cut slits in top for steam to vent.
12. Brush top with remaining yolk/water mixture.
13. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes. (If pastry edge gets too brown, cover with foil).