1 medium loaf of firm white bread cut into large (1") cubes
2 cups of half and half
4 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces of shredded mozzarella
1 28 ounce can Dei Fratelli Chopped Italian-Style Diced Tomatoes
½ cup of chopped flat leaf parsley
¼ cup of chopped basil leaves
1. Butter a two-quart oven proof baking dish.
2. Whisk eggs and half and half together.
3. Fold the bread and parmesan cheese into the egg mixture (the bread should be moist and squishy).
4. Fold in parsley and basil.
5. Place one third of the bread mixture in the bottom of the baking dish.
6. Layer half of the can of tomatoes and one third of the shredded cheese.
7. Repeat layers, finishing the bread mixture and then shredded cheese.
8. Let the assembled dish stand covered and refrigerated for 2 hours or overnight, for up to 24 hours.
9. Place the refrigerated dish in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until the center begins to dry. The top should be brown and bubbly.
10. Let it rest uncovered for ten minutes before serving.