FREMONT (WTOL) - Emergency crews spent the overnight hours on the scene of a propane tank leak at American Welding and Tank on Graham Rd. in Fremont.
Fremont police say there was a broken valve on a large liquid propane tank but that crews worked through the night to transfer the propane into another tank. They are now finished, and workers can report to work.
There was never an explosion or fire but there was a risk, police say.
"With propane, there is the potential of an explosion if something would spark it somehow, but that's why the fire department is here and using their expertise to keep that from happening," said Sergeant Ken Buchele.
The industrial park was evacuated during the incident. That evacuation is no longer in effect.