From a press release:
TARTA Hours of operation and route changes will impact entire service area
Weekend and Holiday Service Hours Reduced,
Three New Routes Created, Others Eliminated or Modified
- System-wide changes in hours of operation along with route revisions and creation of other routes throughout the Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority's (TARTA) service area in Lucas and Wood counties.
- Changes in TARTA's hours of operation are being made because of rapidly escalating diesel fuel costs, up nearly $2 per gallon year-to-date to this week's price of $4.20 per gallon.
- The new routes will provide improved service in growth areas and help riders save on their gasoline costs.
- Changes in hours of operation and existing routes will take effect Sunday, June 8.
- Creation of three new express routes will be effective Monday, June 9.
- TARTA will shorten its hours of operation on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays with the downtown line-up starting at 7 a.m. and ending at 10:10 p.m., effective Sunday, June 8.
- Route 6X Maumee-Arrowhead Express will be eliminated from service, effective Sunday, June 8.
- Route 11A Rossford weekend only service will be eliminated and replaced by an extension of 10 Rossford Call-A-Ride service to cover weekends, effective Sunday, June 8.
- Route 3 North/South Crosstown and East Toledo service will be modified, effective Sunday, June 8.
- Three new express routes will go into service on Monday, June 9:**
o Route 45X Sylvania-Maumee Arrowhead Express.**
o Route 46X Sylvania-Perrysburg's O-I Campus/Levis Commons Express.**
o Route 47X Perrysburg-Maumee Arrowhead Express.**
*For complete route information, schedules and maps go to http://www.tarta.com/ and click on the line "click for more information" under the heading "Introducing the all-new 'Burb-to-'Burb Express" on the home page.
**In emergency situations, TARTA will provide 45X, 46X and 47X passengers with a ride back to their originating Park & Ride station from work. This only covers situations occurring between normal arrival and departure times. There will be a limit on usage. Call 419-243-RIDE (7433) for assistance.
The Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority was formed in 1971 and is a political subdivision under Ohio law, similar to a park district or a school district. TARTA carries nearly 5 million passengers annually and provides interconnected, regional service to seven communities in Lucas County - Toledo, Maumee, Waterville, Ottawa Hills, Sylvania and Spencer and Sylvania townships ‑ and two Wood County communities - Perrysburg and Rossford.