The Area Office on Aging of NW Ohio, Inc. and the Toledo Police Department partnered together in 2000 to form the Retired Senior Volunteer Patrol. Patrol Voluteers are trained by the Toledo Police Department to visit and monitor the well-being of homebound and/or at risk seniors in the Toledo area.
If you would like to become an RSVP Patrol volunteer or know a senior who could benefit from our services, please call us at the number below.
To become a RSVP Patrol Volunteer:
- ¨ You must be 55 years of age or better;
- ¨ Have a valid drivers license;
- ¨ Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- ¨ Complete a criminal background check satisfactorily;
- ¨ Complete training as mandated by the Toledo Police Department; and
- ¨ Commit to serving a minimum of 12 hours per month.