TOLEDO -- Toledo City Councilman George Sarantou, chair of the council's Finance and Budget Committee, announces five town hall meetings to discuss the 2008 City of Toledo proposed budget.
The purpose is for citizens to give input as to what Toledoans priorities are for the 2008 budget.
There are five meetings scheduled between March 10 and March 20, that's one for each council district. (Find your district.) Representatives of the Finkbeiner administration will be present as well as members of city council.
Here is the schedule:
- Monday, March 10 from 6-8 p.m. District 2 Councilman, D. Michael Collins will host a meeting at the University of Toledo Health Science Campus located at 3000 Arlington Ave. in the Health Education Building, Room 100.
- Tuesday, March 11 from 6-8 p.m. District 6 Councilwoman, Lindsay Webb will host a meeting at the Friendship Park Senior Center located at 2930 131st. St.
- Wednesday, March 12 from 6-8 p.m. District 3 Councilman Mike Craig will host a meeting at the East Toledo Family Center located at 1020 Varland.
- Tuesday, March 18 from 6-8 p.m. District 1 Councilwoman, Wilma D. Brown and District 5 Councilman, Tom Waniewski will co-host a meeting at the University of Toledo's College of Engineering Nitschke Hall located at 1715 N. Westwood. (There is no parking permit needed if you park in lots 19, 20, 20E).
- Thursday, March 20 from 6-8 p.m. District 4 Councilman Michael Ashford will host a meeting at the Toledo-Lucas County downtown main library located at 325 N. Michigan in the McMaster Center. (If you park in the library parking garage, bring your ticket inside to be validated.)