Gas leak at BGSU fixed; students allowed back in buildings - News, Weather, Sports, Toledo, OH

Gas leak at BGSU fixed; students allowed back in buildings

BOWLING GREEN -- There was a small grease fire in the Phi Kappa Tau fraternity chapter house earlier this afternoon.

In responding to the fire call, the city fire truck unexpectedly moved forward and struck the Mechanical Room adjacent to Rodgers Hall, creating a gas leak and damaging the building's facade.

There were no injuries as a result of the fire.

The gas leak has now been stopped and students will be allowed back into the building as soon as city emergency officials give the all-clear.

Residence Life staff will remain in the vicinity of the building to keep students updated on the situation until the city gives the all-clear and then will be checking in with students throughout the evening.

Posted by KO

Source: BG24 News

Powered by Frankly