Toledo -- A gas leak at Valleston Apts. on Secor across from the University of Toledo has caused the evacuation of some residents in that area.
The leak was found in an apartment on the second floor. We're told a 27-year-old woman felt groggy and is now being treated and that UT students were among the evacuees. A neighbor said she smelled gas and called Columbia Gas.
The leak forced the evacuation of about 20 University of Toledo students. Toledo police worked with Columbia Gas to safely rescue everybody. One of the students, Joy Arian, went to the hospital after being slightly overcome by some of the fumes. She was treated and released.
After they capped the leak, Columbia Gas worked to air out the building. Toledo police say the incident could have been a lot worse.