Apartment Building Evacuated for Gas Leak

EAST TOLEDO -- Fire crews had to go door-to-door to evacuate an apartment building after a gas leak on Toledo's east side.  It was reported around 1:00pm in Birmingham Terrace Apartments on Birmingham, near the 2100th block of Consaul.

Columbia Gas was able to get the leak stopped, and the fire department was able to leave about an hour later.  No word on when the people who lived in those apartments will be able to get back in.

Count on News 11 to follow this breaking story as it develops.

Posted by AEB