A consumer advisory has been issued for Kroger brand Mustard and Southern-Style potato salads:
- The Kroger Co. has withdrawn Kroger brand Mustard and Southern-Style potato salad with a "Best If Used By" date of September 5, 2007 from sale in its stores because it may contain E. coli O157:H7. To date, no illnesses have been reported.
- The Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) tested a sample of the product collected during routine food safety sampling and found it positive for the foodborne pathogen. Third parties that have analyzed several additional samples from this code date have concluded no strains of E. coli O157:H7 were found in those samples.
- This voluntary product withdrawal was undertaken as a precuationary measure.
- Customers are encouraged to check their refrigerators and freezers for this specific product and, if found, to return it to a store for a full refund.
- Customers with questions should call 1-866-221-4141.
- This product withdrawal does not include Fred Meyer, QFC or Ralphs store because the product was not distributed in these divisions.