Small Fire Bounces Guests from Toledo Motel

SOUTH TOLEDO -- Motel guests are back in the rooms after a small fire caused an evacuation.  It happened around 7:00pm Saturday at the Motel Six on Heatherdowns near Reynolds Road in south Toledo.

Firefighters tell us food in a microwave caught fire.  If that wasn't bad enough the fire quickly spread to some clothing that was sitting on top of the oven.

When they arrived, firefighters say there was smoke coming from the back of the building, and hotel guests walking out to the parking lot.

Crews were able to douse the flames very quickly.

No one was hurt, and there was only minimal damage to the motel.

Posted by AEB