Serves 4 guests
1 cup Short Grain Rice (rinsed)
1 cup water
2 tsp Rice Vinegar
½ tsp Mirin (Japanese sweet sake)
1 tsp Sugar
Salt to Taste
- In a rice cooker, combine rice and water and allow to cook.
- While rice is cooking, combine other ingredients and dissolve sugar and salt.
- Fluff rice with fork while adding liquid mixture.
1 pound spinach (baby)
1 oz. oil
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium/high heat.
- Add spinach and toss until wilted.
2 pounds Tuna (4 dinner portions)
1 cup White Sesame Seeds
¼ cup Dark Sesame Seeds
2 oz. Sesame Oil
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Season tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- Mix white and dark sesame seeds together and use to coat outside of tuna steaks.
- In a sauté pan, heat sesame oil over medium/high heat.
- Sear Tuna in pan for 1 minute each side leaving center rare.
4 oz. Chicken Stock
8 oz. Soy Sauce (Reduced Sodium)
4 oz. Fresh Ginger (julienne)
2 oz. Scallions (chopped)
1 oz. Oil
- In a sauté pan heat oil over high heat until smoking.
- Add fresh ginger and scallions. Remove from heat immediately.
- Add Chicken stock and soy sauce.
- In a large bowl place 4 to 6 oz. of sticky rice in center.
- Arrange sautéed spinach around rice.
- Cut seared Tuna on a bias and set on top of rice.
- Pour Shanghai Sauce over fish.
- Serve immediately.