"WTOL's Summer of Fun"
(as of 6/8/07)
How to Enter:
Go to WTOL.COM and click on the "Summer of Fun" registration link. Complete the on-line registration form, making sure you provide all information requested.
The prize package includes gift certificates from our participating sponsors and a $100 gas certificate provided by WTOL. Approximate retail value of the prize package: $550.
Selection of One Winner:
One winner will be randomly selected from all qualified on-line entries. The winner will be selected no later than June 18, 2008, and will be contacted by phone. The name of the winner will also be posted on WTOL.COM no later than June 18, 2007.
WTOL (TV) STANDARD CONTEST RULES
1. No purchase, registration fee or monetary donation is required to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to win contests unless otherwise specified. For any promotion or contest involving an alcohol distributor or company, winners must be 21 years of age, no exceptions.
2. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility. Some sponsors may require winners to meet certain criteria.
3. Any person found to be in violation of the rules herein may be required to forfeit his or her prize(s).
4. All prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable. No substitutions or cash alternatives will be allowed.
5. All winners are not eligible to win another prize within a thirty (30) day period.
6. Winners are solely responsible for all applicable fees, duties and income and sales taxes assessed on the value of the prizes by federal, state and any other taxing authority. All federal, state and local laws apply. Value of all packages in excess of $599 will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service as additional income received. Winners are required to supply their social security numbers to WTOL (TV) before claiming prize(s).
7. All winners must claim prizes in person within 30 days of winning unless otherwise negotiated with an official of WTOL (TV). WTOL (TV) is not responsible for delivery of any prize unless otherwise agreed upon in writing with an official representative of WTOL (TV).
8. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded after thirty (30) days from winning, unless otherwise specified. A list of winners may be obtained by written request with a self-addressed stamped envelope to WTOL (TV).
9. Winners may be asked to present valid photo identification (including proof of age) in order to claim prizes. WTOL (TV) will not honor forms of identification that have been altered or tampered with.
10. Winners are responsible for obtaining any required documentation for travel packages (passport, visa, birth certificate, etc.).
11. Contests are open to everyone residing in the WTOL (TV) viewing area except employees of Raycom Media, Inc., participating sponsor(s) and the immediate families of those employees. Also ineligible are the agents and contractors of the station and sponsor(s) who are directly involved in specific promotions. The immediate families of such agents and contractors are also barred from participation.
12. The odds of winning a random drawing are determined by the number of entries received. All drawings will be witnessed.
13. The winner, for self, personal representatives, heirs and next of kin, expressly releases and discharges WTOL (TV), its owners, officers, directors, managers, employees, agents and affiliates, from all claims, demands, actions, or judgments that the undersigned had, has or may have that are known or unknown or that anyone claiming through or under him/her has or claims to have, now or in the future, that are created by or in any way arise out of the following: 1) The winner's acceptance of the award, prize or gift received from WTOL (TV). 2) The winner's participation in any contest sponsored by WTOL (TV). 3) The winner's inability to complete travel plans related to this prize.
14. Prize values are either the manufacturer's suggested retail price, or are determined by WTOL (TV) and its sponsors.
15. Conditions as to the quality, performance or integrity of the prize shall be the responsibility of the winner and the business supplying the prize. WTOL (TV) will make every effort to mediate any discrepancies that may occur.
16. Winner consents to the recording of his/her voice and likeness. This recording will be used for promotional purposes either aired or printed by WTOL (TV). WTOL (TV) retains the exclusive rights to use of winner's name, voice and likeness as it relates to this contest. Further, winner agrees that he/she is prohibited from any publicized statement, verbal or written, as a result of this prize without written authorization from WTOL (TV).
17. WTOL (TV) reserves the right to change any of these rules at any time without further notice. Rulings by WTOL (TV) management are final. Some contest rules may not apply to all contests.
18. One entry per contest per person. Duplicate entries will be ineligible.