1 pound skinless hot dogs
1 pint of water (you'll cook the hot dogs in it)
2 medium sized onions, peeled and chopped
1 pound ground beef, 80% lean
1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz. can)
1 teaspoon Tabasco
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup beer
2 tablespoons cornstarch
salt to taste
1. Cook the hot dogs in the water until heated through, saving the water.
2. Grind the hot dogs and onion through a grinder. Combine with the beef in a large frying pan and cook over medium heat until beef is cooked and gray in color.
3. Add the water from the hot dogs, tomatoes, Tabasco sauce, worcestershire sauce, cumin, and chili powder. Cover for half an hour.
4. Combine beer and cornstarch and mix to a smooth paste. Stir into the meat mixture and cook until slightly thickened (3-4 minutes).
5. Season to taste with the salt.